Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jodi joins the CLUB!

Well, I have now officially joined the club!  


Which club?  The 26.2 CLUB!!


I ran my first marathon on May 19, 2012 in Boise, Idaho; the Famous Idaho Potato Marathon.  Originally Michele was going to run it with me, but wimpiness and then illness caused her to register for the half instead.  Michele and Kris were with me at the start to cheer me on.  Their race started a half hour after mine.



 I probably ran the first half faster than I should have.  I hit 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 2 minutes.  But it's hard to slow yourself down in a race, especially me!  At mile 21 I was really feeling the urge to stop.  I had to really push myself mentally.  My goal was to finish under 4 hours and 20 minutes.

As I turned the last corner I could finally see the finish line...the clock read 4 hours and 19 minutes and 10 seconds.  Could I make it?  I dug and gave it all I had to sprint in.  I made it!!  4 HOURS 19 MINUTES and 41 SECONDS!!!

It was great to have Michele and Kris there cheering me on at the end!  They helped me over to a nice shady spot where I immediately lay down.  Kris had a pillow for my head and they got me oranges and my race shirt.  I had my own pit crew to spoil me!  They are the BEST!!

I am happy to be in this club of 26.2!  I felt really good the next day.  This was better than Robie ANYDAY!!  Can't wait to do this again!





No comments:

Post a Comment